Your measurements, your vision, your design.
Inspiring the youth to design from original inspiration, appreciate their unique measurements and design for themselves to create one-of-a-kind pieces that express everything they are. Introducing them to the positive aspects of the fashion industry and providing them with the technical tools needed to turn their sketches into garments.
Fashion camp Grades 1-5
April 2-4 (M/T/W) * 2pm-5pm
Fashion enthusiast get to explore the fashion industry from original inspiration research, fashion sketching, fabrics and trim sourcing to sewing a garment and doing a finale fashion photoshoot and presentation of their designs. 2018 Fashion camp students will be apart of the KIDS CREATE FASHION SHOW at the end of July 2018. Basic machine sewing on beginner machines, students may bring in their own if they wish.
Please bring $35 materials and fabric fee to the first meeting payable to instructor and a sack lunch each day. Jaleh Naasz has a MFA in Fashion design, is the owner of custom fashion brand, Isabel Azam and has been teaching fashion at the college level for the last 11 years. Instagram
Read our Reviews
Make this a gift and we'll add a $20 JoAnn Fabrics gift card and a personal note when shipping the dress kit directly to the person you'd like.
The customizable Isabel Azam dress kit and it includes:
- Educational pamphlet with visuals and fabric samples to help teach the young girl where clothes come from. This also walks you through the process of having your dress made.
- Custom measuring tape.
- Guide on taking measurements and our size chart.
- Style sheet which includes design options for the customizable dress and pictures of the most popular combinations.
- This kit is the required first step of this process and the price includes the final dress.
- The only costs not included are that of shipping and raw materials (which you can control when you buy the fabric).
One of the coolest conversations to have with a kid is inquiring about their ideal super power. This T-shirt gives the kids a chance to get a custom T-shirt in a color of their choice with a superhero cape. This cape is made with a technical sportswear material and will not snag or stain as easily as the standard poly/satin capes. The initial is an embroidered patch and adds dimension (and you can choose where you'd like it). Velcro closure.
Shirt, Cape, Artwork are all totally customizable.